The last week has been magical and fun. Spending time with friends and family, reliving memories and seeing the girls with sparkles in their eyes.
The recipe in this post is one from Beatrice Arroe. Noah and I served this salad at our wedding, everyone loves it!
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into bite sized chuncks
- 1 handful almonds
- 1 cup scallions, or green onions
- ¾ cup raisins, currants or olives
- DRESSING BLEND:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup red onion
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- ½ whole jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon corriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger, (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon agave, to taste
Cut and toss body ingredients into a bowl.
Blend dressing ingredients in a blender, add to body ingredients, massage together and enjoy!
Broccoli is cooling in nature, and helps reduce eye inflammation. It is slightly diuretic in action. Broccoli reduces pitta and kapha. Broccoli contains twice the vitamin C as an orange, and almost as much calcium as whole milk-and its calcium is better absorbed by our bodies. Broccoli contains selenium, is a modest source of vitamin A and alpha-tocopherol vitamin E, and has value as an antioxidant.
(The leafy greens--not the blossoms--offer the most nutrients)
Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season!
Pray for snow!
Please check out my personal site at: www.MichelleBerryShaffer.com