Coconuts are one of the greatest gifts on the planet! They can save your life! In Sanskrit, the coconut palm is known as kalpa vriksha, meaning "tree which gives all this is necessary for living," since nearly all parts of the tree can be used in some way or another. The coconut itself has many uses, including milk, meat, sugar and oil as well as functioning as its own dish and cup. The husk was also burned for fuel, and can be used to make brushes, mats, fishnets, and rope. A very potent fermented toddy or drink is also make from the coconut palm's sap. Coconut oil, a saturated fat made from dried coconut meat, is used for commercial frying and in candies, as well as in cosmetic products and soap. How versatile!
Mango Creme Pie:
2 cups almonds, soaked overnight, then dehydrated for 18-24 hours at 105 degrees
2 cups dried coconut, shredded
1/4 cup dates, pitted
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 1/2 cups fresh mango, chopped
1 cup dried mango, soaked 1 hour
1 cup fresh young thai coconut flesh (reserve water for recipe below)
1 Tablespoon psyllium powder or Lecithin powder
1 cup strawberries, sliced or 1 banana sliced
Mint for garnish
Place almonds in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process into a fine meal. Gradually add the coconut, dates, and coconut oil and process until well blended. Press into a 9-inch glass pie plate.
Combine fresh mango, dried mango, and coconut pulp in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until smooth and creamy. Add psyllium powder or lecithin and mix well.
Place sliced strawberries in the bottom of the pie crust and pour mango filling on top. If you have some strawberries left over, use as a garnish with the mint! Mango creme goodness!
Coconut water health benefits
Young tender coconut water has the following benefits and medicinal values:
- Low in Carbohydrates
- Low in Fat 99% Fat Free
- Low in natural occurring sugar
- Keeps the body cool and at the proper temperature.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Re-hydrates your body, as it is an all natural isotonic beverage. It carries nutrients and oxygen to cells, so that it naturally replenishes your body's fluids after exercising.
- Effective in the treatment of kidney and urethral stones.
- Natural drink for feeding infants because its more nutritional than whole milk! Less fat and NO cholesterol. It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mothers milk. It also aids from the suffering from intestinal disturbances.
- Excellent oral re-hydration medium, an all natural isotonic for all ages.
- Presence of saline and albumen makes it an excellent drink in cholera cases.
- Aids in the quick absorption of drugs and makes their peak concentration into the blood stream easier because of its electrolytic effect.
- Found as a blood plasma substitute because it is sterile, does not produce heat, and does not destroy red blood cells and is readily accepted by the body. Used during WWII for blood transfusions, because it is identical to human blood plasma. In fact, adding coconut water to your green drink or smoothie is like getting an instant blood transfusion because plasma makes up 55% of your blood and hemoglobin makes up 45%, which is essentially transformed plant blood (chlorophyll). Yay!
- Detoxes and fights viruses.
- Boosts immune system.
- Balances Ph and reduces risk of cancer
- Kills intestinal worms. Helps Eliminate pinworms. Helps kill the parasite Giardia Lamblia.
- Aid the body in fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes, and AIDS
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Helps control diabetes
- Promotes bowel movements
- Promotes healthy thyroid function.
- Used to treat kidney and urethral stones.
- Boosts poor circulation.
- Improves digestion
- Provides quick energy
- Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body
- Helps in gallbladder disease
- Helps eliminate Candida yeast infections
- Inhibits the growth of mycoplasma
- Helps eradicate eczema
- Helps keep skin soft and smooth
As you can see, Coconut water has amazing health benefits. It should be an integral part of any healthy diet. Coconut water is a natural energy drink. No need for drinks like Gatorade or Powerade. Replace them with the healthy alternative that is coconut water. I could probably go on and on, but I think you get the picture.
The coconut is botanically classified as a drupe and not a nut. It is the largest seed known.
Pictured left is a Sweet Kale Smoothie:
1 large handful of kale
Water from 1 Thai coconut
1 teaspoon maca
1 teaspoon bee pollen
Using a blender, process until smooth. Serve!
Love and Bliss,
Please check out my personal site at: www.MichelleBerryShaffer.com